Chandelier Makeover Using Fusion Mineral Paint

- Home Decor, Lamps
Chandelier Makeover Using Fusion Mineral Paint

I guess you already know it : colors and i do not have a good relationship. I do love a colorful home when i see it, but i would not add color in our home. Except for the bedroom! That’s the one room where i experiment with colors. And after adding the colorful headboard and already having colored drapes i moved to the next step. The chandelier makeover!

Chandelier Makeover Using Fusion Mineral Paint

I got this chandelier from my grandmother last year and  spray painted it purple , in an attempt to match our drapes. It’s a colorful mess in there! To be honest i never really liked how the chandelier color matched everything else in the room. So, i painted the walls white and decided to give the chandelier a new look.  And here’s were Fusion paints comes in! I have been reading a lot for this paint. And i have seen lots of beautiful furniture projects. And the Ceramic Green paint is so pretty! Don’t you agree? I got a tester  (37ml) to try for my chandelier makeover. Fusion Paint is all in one. From foundation to finish. I did slightly sand the chandelier before painting though.

Fusion Ceramic

I applied 2 coats of paint, like Fusion Paint suggests. And after the very first stroke of paint on the metal i was excited with the result!

• There is no annoying odour!
  • The paint runs smoothly and it is really easy to work with. I must say that although i used a cheap paint brush and not the ones proper for the Fusion paint the paint left no annoying strokes. For a larger project though i will get a proper Fusion brush!
  • And last, but not least…a bit of paint goes a really really long way with a perfect finish! There is plenty of paint left, in my 37ml tester, enough for painting my small IKEA Vittsjo office!

Here’s the purple before:

Spray Painted Chandelier

And here’s the freshly painted after:

The difference of applying matte top coat on a chandelier ,painted with Fusion mineral paint

Chandelier makeover. Going from purple to green with Fusion Mineral Paint.

Now we need something for the wall above the bed!

After applying 2 coats of paint i used a top coat, although it is not necessary,  just for adding some extra shine! Have you ever worked with Fusion paint? Did you love it as much as i did?

Image Map
Scrapality.com
Epic Mommy Adventures
Previous Story
Next Story

You Might Also Like

24 Comments

Tania
    December 12, 2015 at 05:13

Beautiful!!!

December 13, 2015 at 11:05

Thank you.

Hil
    December 9, 2015 at 04:53

Never used fusion pant.. Love the colours though!
    Thanks for linking up at Bloggers Spotlight Link and Pin-It Party! Your post was pinned to our group board.

December 9, 2015 at 10:22

It’s a great paint. And the colour is…i think the word is happy. It is a happy colour!

Amanda @The Kolb Corner
    December 6, 2015 at 18:46

I do love that color! So pretty. Thank you for sharing at Merry Monday!

December 6, 2015 at 20:56

Thank you Amanda. I always enjoy Merry Monday!

Lisa @ Recreated Designs
    December 5, 2015 at 20:07

What a lovely transformation! I love using Fusion Mineral Paint and this colour has always been one of my favourites 🙂 Thanks you so much for linking this up at the Bewitchin’ Projects Block Party last week. You will be one of my Featured picks over at Recreated Designs tomorrow. Hugs, Lisa

December 5, 2015 at 23:39

Thank you Lisa! That’s great news! I have been reading a lot about Fusion, so i decided to give it a try and i loved! I also loved their red and all the metallics! They’re next on the list!

Laurie
    December 3, 2015 at 01:35

Beautiful color ! You did a great job with that finish! Thank you for sharing with us at Brag Bout It! Pinning 🙂

December 3, 2015 at 15:45

The color looks great, yes. Thank you!

Leanne@crestingthehill
    December 2, 2015 at 15:21

I liked it purple and I liked it green (obviously I am easy to please!) I was surprised at how easily the paint covered the original purple colour without it showing through anywhere!

December 2, 2015 at 23:17

Hello Leanne! I think green looks better! I want to experiment with the paint and the chandelier was the easiest victim! yes, the paint has an excellet coverage. After only one coat it covered the lamp perfectly.

Jenna
    December 2, 2015 at 02:33

I love that green. Although, I also really liked that purple as well. Colorful chandeliers are the best! I’ve got a coral one in my bedroom and I adore it. You’ve made me think about doing another one for the dining area!

December 2, 2015 at 09:57

Coral is a beautiful color! I cannot wait to see what you’ll choose for the dining area!

Christina Makri
    December 1, 2015 at 13:38

Κατ αρχάς το φωτιστικό έγινε υπέροχο. Αυτό το πράσινο είναι από τα ωραιότερα χρώματα για μένα. Όχι δεν την ήξερα αυτή την μπογιά … από που την προμηθεύεσαι; Ξέρεις εγώ με τις μπογιές έχω ιδιαίτερη σχέση! Φιλιά και καλό μήνα!

December 1, 2015 at 16:11

Καλησπέρα Χριστίνα! Με το ταλέντο σου ακόμα και το μαύρο θα το κάνεις να φαίνεται το πιο λαμπερό χρώμα! Από όσο είδα στο site της εταιρείας, έχουν μόνο στην Θεσσαλονίκη αντιπρόσωπο. Περίεργο που δεν έχουν στην Αθήνα! Συνεργάζονται κ με κάποια ηλεκτρονικά καταστήματα, αν θες να το ψάξεις. Αν χρειαστείς κάτι άλλο στείλε μου Mail. Φιλιά!

creativejewishmom/sara
    November 28, 2015 at 21:08

looks great, and interested to learn about this paint! thanks so much for sharing on craft schooling Sunday!

November 28, 2015 at 23:13

Hi Sara! Thanks for hosting! I have some paint left, and i’ll try that on another project too. You should visit their site! If you need anything else i’d love to help!

Katerina Konstantinou
    November 27, 2015 at 13:02

Wow του ταίριαξε γάντι το πράσινο! Λες και πάντα έπρεπε να ήταν έτσι! Πολύ όμορφη μεταμόρφωση!

November 27, 2015 at 14:48

Το μοβ ήταν πολύ μουντό. Τώρα όμως είναι τέλειο!

Mary-the boondocks blog
    November 27, 2015 at 11:31

This is really nice , it adds so much color and it has a very pretty finish to it. . Where did you get a hold of this paint? Zografia I really live in the boondocks and have nothing here..

November 27, 2015 at 14:49

Has, it has a great finish and it’s easy to work with. I’ll send you a message about the details!

Bernice
    November 27, 2015 at 00:04

Zozo…this is Sooo beautiful! A home Run! I love it!

November 27, 2015 at 00:37

Thank you Niki! It looks much better now.