Yes, i know it sounds weird. Dried fruit balls! How can that be love? It actually is though. They are yummy. I was a bit sceptical at first, but when i tasted them i changed my mind! And since the Creative Bloggers challenge this month is all about love and Valentine’s i am sharing with you the dried fruit balls. And they are not red! This was a rule this month.
Remember last month’s challenge? The After Christmas Decor. I chose to decorate using color and flowers. This month is important for the Creative Bloggers. Big news! Eleana from My Home My Memories is waiting for the new group member to arrive! Baby girl is coming, greatest project of all! She will be taking some time off and Kiki from Creative Moments will be taking her place on Fridays!
This is more of a trial and error recipe. Vegan recipe, i must say. Depends on the taste you prefer. I’ll tell you about the quantities i used and you can always adjust them. So…
DRIED FRUITS BALLS
- 20 Dried Plums
- 5-6 Dried Dates
- 8-10 Raisins
- Hazelnut Powder*
- Almond Powder*
- Cocoa Powder
*Or make some in the food processor
- Soak the dried fruits in warm water for about 15 minutes.
- Whizz the fruit in a food processor. This takes a while and you get a sticky paste. Really sticky!
- Add the nuts powder. I added 5 tablespoons, but i should have added more. For my taste and flavor that is. With the 5 tablespoons they are pretty chewy.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of cocoa. I added 1 and i think adding another one would be even better. The dried fruits are very sweet.
- That’s all!
- Start making your dried fruit balls and cover them with cocoa or the nuts powder.
- Place them in the fridge for a few hours and ENJOY!
One of my best friend’s came up with the recipe. She combined a few ones and ended up with this version!
Have you ever tried making dried fruit balls? I think they are better when covered with cocoa!
Make sure you do not miss any Creative Bloggers this month!
Take care and sign up so you never miss a post