I had not really realized it until now. The days are finally here! I am getting married on Sunday! You all understand i was busy in the last few days! And i will be for a few more to come!!!!!!!!
We finished the toilet paper roll wall decor update! We took it down and built a cadre with plaster board to put it back in. A little smaller now. This way we can take it off the wall anytime we want!
Remember that japanese style lamp i had made?
You can forget it! It had a small accident! It is now broken! I wanted from a while now to make a new one and the time came! I searched around the house for inspiration! And i found it in two Ikea candle holders.
I used the tall one as the base and the round one as the lamp hat. I started by gluing them together with hot glue.
I used about 4 meters of red satin ribbon, 4cm wide, and about 1 meter of red lace, also 4cm wide. I started weaving the ribbon through the lamp hat. I used the same lamp shower i had in the japanese lamp and placed in the round candle holder.
I used white glue to secure the ribbons and the lace. And of course i loved it!
I must do something to hide the black cord! It emits a great warm light. And it looks really luxurious! The satin does all the job!
One of the things i was not satisfied with in our home was my shoe storage! I used the upper shelf of my closet for that job. I had some shoes there and depending on the season i moved them up and down to some plastic boxes i had on the floor. See?
Now that we are getting a new dresser (around October 10, finally) i thought i should use the old one for something and not throw it away. And it’s new use is for storing my precious shoes! Each drawer has different height than the other so i could store all my shoes, heels ans flats! And for saving me time when searching for what to wear i took a picture of each one, printed it on sticker paper and glued it outside each drawer! So practical!
Not bad for something that cost me nothing!!!!! I wish i had one of those huge closet rooms! Someday! So, where do you store your shoess?
If everything goes to plan in a few weeks our new bedroom furniture will arrive! Which means a chance for a room renovation! Our bedroom is spacious, it is about 22×13 ft. There is a lot of room from one side to the other, so i thought i could divided it in two. One side with our bed and night stands and the other with the closet, dresser,shoes and (unfortunately) the ironing board! Since we live in a rented home, i can not do much here. A room divider , i thought, would be a good solution. So i started making a one!
I used the cardboard from a refrigerator box. I kept only the three sides and also cut the lid and the bottom of the box. Our bedroom is painted with a very light green, so i went with these colors. I bought green basic paint and also used the remaining from the wall color. I painted one side in a dark green. To decorate my room divider i used the flower stickers we have on the wall as stencils.
In the dark green paint i added some of the wall color to lighten it up a bit. I used that one to paint the finishing coat and to get a dark green stencil from the flowers. So here’s the one side…
That’s one side…let’s go on the other side of the cardboard…I painted it with the wall color i had to cover the cardboard and made a light turquoise – green something, combining the two paints for the stencils. The final color was an accident, i just mixed the two paints until i liked what i saw! I think it looks better than the other one. Our diy room divider is ready!
It is a bit short, so i will add legs to it. The first step to a more beautiful room is done! I’ll deal with the lighting next!
Enjoy the first month of fall!
Hello…..i’m back! We were away for a while, so crafting was left a little behind! I finished my project today! I had a pair of flats covered with sequins. I love those shoes. They are really comfortable and i can wear them almost all year round! You know the best part ? The sequins were gold, but…i could just flip them over and the shoes turned from gold to silver! It’s like having two pairs of shoes! As much as i loved them though, after 4 years the sequins in some parts had broken or lost their color. Especially on the sides and on the front of the shoes. So i thought i should give them a new look.
See? Gold or silver!
I took off all the sequins! That was really time consuming and tiring but i made it! It was relaxing though! Like doing yoga, only more uncomfortable for my eyes! Anyway, i finally made to take all the sequins out after several hours! I liked their sparkly look, so i gave them that again! Only red this time. I mixed glitter with white glue, in which i added some water to make it easier to work with and got started!
All the sequins removed!
After 2 coats of glue and glitter…
I covered them with 4 coats of glitter to get the result i wanted. I did not use any sealing material because the glue worked great and there was no need for that. I let them dry and put them on!
After 4 coats
Still there was something missing! I got a piece of black tulle and glued it around the shoe and for the final touch i added the buttons from the flowers we have above our sofa. I will make something new to hand there! The shoes look much better with these details and as good as new!
Hope you liked them!